Saturday 28 September 2013

Macmillan Coffee morning .. but in the afternoon.

Well Thursday was a day dedicated to baking.  Some were old favourites such as the  Victoria sandwich, cherry scones, millionaire shortbread and fruit cake whilst others were new creations for me.  I've made a carrot cake, coffee and walnut cake and a chocolate fudge cake. My kitchen looked like a zone of devastation.  My friends and family know how untidy I am and I'm sure can picture the cloud of icing sugar!
My son and Great nephew helped the baking process by cleaning up!



Obviously mission 2 was the tidy up phase ...... Mmm, not keen on that bit.  However, a couple of hours of elbow greases and the place was spic and span.

Next came the decorating. Bunting, balloons and table decorations were put up to make a festive atmosphere. My lovely daughter decorated the donation boxes and arranged the raffle prizes.
The cakes and coffee were set out as attractively as possible and I used some cute chinese dishes as sugar bowls which my lovely husband gave to me on our first anniversary.
Finally the craft stalls were assembled.

 These have been created by my friend who writes the Blog Sew stitch knit. 
Have a look and see what she is up to with her latest experimentation with soluble fabrics.                                         




These are a sample of the things I make. I was really lucky to collect a number of orders during the coffee morning.



As you can tell!

In total we raise £320 pound for Macmillan 
Thank yo to all of my lovely family and friends who participated and made this event such a great success. If anyone else needs to walk off the cake I'll see you at Fairhaven Lake!






2 comments: