Wednesday 4 September 2013

Christening gift .. .Peppa Pig Cushion

I've been making bits and bobs for the past few months and my lovely friend Irene has encouraged me to join her and sell then at some local craft fairs.  There's one at the Solaris in Blackpool on the second Sunday of each month.
The next one I'm attending is on Sunday 13th October.



 
Tooth Fairy Pillows

The tooth fairy cushions have been really popular so far and I have really enjoyed making them. The inspiration came from memories of rooting beneath my children's pillows hunting for their tiny tooth whilst trying my hardest not to wake them up.

I've been asked to make a Christening gift for a friend.



Border created with programmed stitches on the Janome 5000Q machine.
I  started with a lovely piece of linen, which I've embellished with a star stitch which is programmed into my machine.


Then I've cut letters out of fabric which has bondaweb on the back. I've ironed them on and then stitched them firmly in place.



The tricky bit was making Peppa Pig. I'm better with abstract designs!





Finally I have put the whole thing together.



I have really enjoyed myself and I feel as if a special little girl with have a gift made by Thoughtful Threads.

1 comment: