Tuesday 10 September 2013

A flurry of leaves

I love the shapes and colours of the leaves that I have cut out and stuck on to the fabric with bondaweb. However, I feel that the whole thing lacks definition and depth.

So I visited a Hobbysew in Penrith at the weekend and bought a selection of moon threads and Gutterman variegated threads with this project in mind.
 These are the same pieces of fabric, the lighting has made them appear to change colour!
I stitched around the shiny oak leaf first using a normal machine stitch, but didn't like the result as it was not bold enough. So, the whole piece has been stitched using satin stitch and a host of different threads. I feel that the leave stand out more.
I think I will turn this in to a panel on a cushion. I just need to find the right background.

If you want to see some really inspirational textile work have a look at my friend's blog www.sewstitchknit.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment