Thursday 5 September 2013

Leaves

I love natural things especially leaves and plants so its hardly surprising that I decided to use the space dyed fabric to make a leaf picture.

I rummaged through my stash and found some fabric that I have rusted earlier this summer and some fabric that I'd sprayed with procion dye.

After ironing on paper backed bondaweb I cut out some vague leaf shapes.
I ironed the shapes in place and decided that some stitching would make all the difference.


I used a variety of threads, some metallic,  Gutterman's greens and mustard yellow Moon thread. 
I'd like to expand my range of threads ..... but that's a secret from the budget keeper!

 I think that I might have another go using a different background colour and some darker threads. I might even do some detailed work by hand to make more of an impact with the stitches.

1 comment:

  1. I love this leaf sample, well done Joanne. Onwards and upwards x

    ReplyDelete