Sunday 15 September 2013

Inspiration

This weekend I've been to the lakes with my lovely friend to seek out some artful inspiration.
The views alone are enough to inspire me.
We picked up the guide for the Cumbria Arts trail and set off.
                                             It began on 14th spetember and is on for 2 weeks.

This studio is in the grounds of Greta House Hall in Keswick and had the work of Oli Robson, Sara-le-gris, Julia Wilmott and Tonia  Gilliatt.
My photo does not do justice to them at all so please click on the link below for a much better view.
on display. 
Having looked through the guide we decided to call in and see Kate Durdy in the Eden Valley.
I loved the colourful style and it also compliments the name pictures that I have made using mixed media.  I will use be more adventurous now that I've seen her colourfulness.

 Fiona Starr's work was on display in a gallery in Keswick and to be quite honest it is truly stunning. This is not the picture on display, but one I found on the internet to give a flavour of her style. If I'd had a spare £850 I'd have her work hanging in my dining area right now! 

The end result of a fantastic weekend is one inspired lady. I can't wait to get the house to myself and begin making yet another mess! Watch this space for the results.

1 comment:

  1. I love Kate Durdy's , looking forward to seeing the results of your inspiring weekend.

    ReplyDelete