Wednesday 25 September 2013

Ta da!

Where has the last week gone? I've been so busy visiting family and friends; applying for a job and shock of all shocks .... running with a lovely group of ladies.
In between all of that fun and frivolity there has been just enough time to complete my Artisan Apron created by adapting a pattern designed by Janet Clare. 

I'll show you the pictures.
Laying out the pattern and cutting the fabric.
After piecing everything together and sewing it I had to turn the whole apron through a vary small hole.
 This required patience and holding my breath as I felt certain I would her the stitches rip at any moment.
The next part of my learning journey involved using a twin needle to decorate the edges of the apron. 
Sadly the picture is not good enough for you to see it here. Using a scrap of fabric to test how to use it was a life saver as I decided that I'd need the same thread through each needle and in the spool.
  



  
I wonder if |I'll wear it with the plain side showing or the patterned? Which do you prefer?


2 comments:

  1. Lovely. I want the pattern too. Where do I go for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the late reply. The pattern came from Janet Clare. It was £12. I am sure she sells them online, although we got ours from a fair at the NEC. I hope you find what you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete