Thursday 17 October 2013

Tagging the treasures.

What a fantastic day.  I've joined a fantastic group who are tagging the treasures which have been left to Lytham St Annes.  It seems that there are over 200 items of art that have been donated over the years and very little is known about them so an online catalogue is being produced by a group of volunteers... of which I am not one and so is my Dad.Have a look at the link to find out more.

http://www.friendsofthelythamstannesartcollection.org/tagging-the-treasures.html

Anyway, today is the day when i selected the picture that I am going to research.  It's by Arthur Wasse who lived between 1854 and 1930. The picture is titled 'Goodbye'.
That is all I know about the picture so far, but I will find out more very soon.
                                   

I keep wondering who she is writing to? She seems to be searching for the right words. I am also drawn to the window, at first I didn't see it as a window frame but as a cross.  I am really intrigued.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds a really interesting project, I also thought the window was a cross at first. Looking forward to reading your research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lovely morning, such a nice group of people. I have really enjoyed doing the research on my artist, John Elliott and looking forward to finding out even more about him.

    ReplyDelete