Wednesday 16 October 2013

A lovely day.

Today has been really relaxing.  I've been for a run with a great group of ladies and then home for a long, hot soak in a bubble bath.  It feels sooo decadent to have a bath in an empty house in the middle of the day.



After that I had a lovely chat with a friend and her little girl (she's 14 months old and does a fantastic line in bottom shuffling..... the little one .. not my friend although who knows what might happen after a little Sauvignon Blanc! )  Anyway the baby spent her time chasing our lovely dog Susie and chatting to her.
These are simply moments to treasure.

Shortly after that I travelled to Preston to Abakhan fabric shop in the hope of buying some fabric with planes or submarines on it.  My mission was unsuccessful but like every needle worker I came home with something different.  I have some Grey fabric to make an Artisan apron for either my Mum or to put on my stall at the next craft fair.
Then I have stitched names on to 3 tooth fairy pillows and added a name to a ballet bag.  Apparently this is going to be a birthday gift for a special little girl.

In an hour or so I'm off to an open evening at the local 6th form college so that my son and his friend can have a look at what is on offer. It's the same 6th form I went to 24 years ago  (although it feels like 240.)
I'm quite excited to see how it has changed over the years.  I'm sure it will be a bit of a wander down memory lane too.

2 comments: