Saturday 26 October 2013

Story Cushion

This week has been a whirlwind of activity.  It began with a weekend in the Lakes with my husband which was lovely.  Then I've had 2 days of cleaning at a local holiday village, one day of visiting a relative in Manchester, Pilates, a run with the girls and my daughter and friends have made a volcano cake for a Geography project ... (so some sort of eruption occurred..)
My daughter's friend            The cake       My daughter x

It was all edible and according to the girls it was delicious.
  I tried some of the strawberry flavoured butter cream  and firmly believe that you have to 13 to love that much pink and that much sugar!  However, they loved it and their teacher was delighted with their inventive Volcano project.

 I've watched my eldest Son's GCSE drama performance  ... which was uncomfortable to watch ... and brilliant at the same time.   So in theory there has been crafting time ... but I've been lax.  Here's the reason why.

I did a little bit of sewing on Tuesday which took the form of a back ground for a story cushion based on Peter Pan.  I decided a map of Neverland would be good ... I'm going to rust the fabric later so that I get the aged map effect that I have in my mind.




 I've made a template of Peter ...

Now I need to stop avoiding turning him into a fabric character.  I'm sure he will be on his best behaviour!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you have made a start on the story cushion I'm sure you will crack on with great speed. Liking the idea of the aged map as the background and looking forward to seeing the finished cushion.

    ReplyDelete