Friday 11 October 2013

Inspirations strikes in the strangest of places.

Yesterday I went in to Lytham with my sister to look for a birthday present for our mum.  We wandered around and I fell in love with some gorgeous wrapping paper, which I bought and gazed at for ages. I thought I might wrap mum's present in it ... but it's looking less and less likely!
The images is upside down, but you  can see the lovely colours and bold design.

I imagined making some cards with similar designs and I couldn't wait to get started . The first job was to dye some fabric using fabric paint.

I also used some procion dye to create this lovely green fabric too.
I was giggling to to myself when I brought the fabric in at midnight.
  I've heard of "In the night garden ... I wonder where Iggle Piggle is?
                                             
                                              That's just my silliness coming out!



Meanwhile, I drew a leaf shape on some thick card board .  I won't be doing this again in a hurry as the cutting process made my hands really ache.
I cut through several layers of organza with a soldering iron to create a leaf shaped skeleton.

Later I cut and stitched various combinations of fabrics such as calico, scrim and organza to make a variety of leaves which I later turned into cards.  








I hope to have them on Sale this weekend at the Solaris craft Fair on Sunday 13th October.
It's on between 10am and 3 pm.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy!!, the cards look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the leaves.I am hoping to see you both tomorrow at the Solaris and do some purchasing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be great Carmel x

    ReplyDelete