Thursday 21 November 2013

Playing and creating.

Today I was in to mood for playing.  I took a piece of space dyed muslin, folded it and stitched using a variety of different threads.

  I over laid it with a piece of champagne coloured organza and stitched long rows of  randomly spaced stitches. This give the whole thing a sheen and I really like it as a base fabric.

Then I found the first ever experiment.  This is calico with metallic paint dropped and squirted all over.
  I cut circles and some stem shapes and then machine stitched them on to the base.


With the addition of a frame I have created a pretty picture for my stall.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the finished picture, you must be very proud of how your work is progressing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been good fun. The results are always a surprise.

      Delete