Sunday 2 February 2014

WOW .. .transfer paints ... so simple!

My friend has introduced me to the wonderful world of transfer paints.  They are so easy to use!

You quite simple coat a piece of paper with the paint.  Allow it to dry and then iron it onto a piece of fabric.
Here are some of my attempts.

The trees were created using a stencil that I have had for a while. I love the trees so couldn't wait to see what would happen.
 The next step will be to stitch into the fabri and see what I can create.
After covering this paper in blue paint I wondered what I might do.  
I am quite a fan of cynotope pictures, especially the wonderful blue colour . 
 So I wandered into my sparse garden and picked a few sprigs of Lonica and Ivy.  I laid them on to the man made fabric, over laid the blue paper and ironed the reverse of the painted paper.  And this is what happened.
I have added a few stitches to the leaves, but that's all.  I am completely mesmerised by this process and have all sorts of thoughts about what I might be able to do next. I think I might have to go online and have a look at the colour possibilities for this type of paint.

I made this on Thursday and turned it into a birthday card for my friends who also received the bunting the following day!

1 comment: