Tuesday 18 February 2014

Colourful cover



Now that I'm working again and can't sew every day I have decided to take a little bit of stitched comfort with me.  So I have been crafting away to create this cover for my folder.

It began with the large Pink flower and some free machine stitching.  I then played with the green ribbon.  I love the bright shades.  I cut the blue petals out and intended to make a flower, but my machine took a dislike to them and chewed a could up.  This left me with too few to make the petal design I'd intended to use and thus became a type of double tulip.  The 3rd and final flower was made using fabrics that I dyed in my first ever batch.  

this banner nameI decided that the grey felt I intended to attach the panel to was just too drab and boring, so I have been to one of my favourite shops in Blackpool  It's called Johnsons and it's on Bond Street.

I selected 2 meters of the pink velvet ribbon and 2 meters of the blue silk.  I love the vibrant colours of these, especially together.  They are also beautifully tactile.

  The end result has made me happy, even the wonky bits.  They will provide me with the excuse to keep practicing!

1 comment:

  1. Great file cover, it will make you smile at work. I have really enjoyed making covers for my 'sketch books/work sample' files.

    ReplyDelete